June 08, 2003


Apollo Creed. Clubber Lang. Ivan Drago. Tommy Gunn. Suge Knight?!?!?!?!?
People forget that Sylvester Stallone has an Oscar. I was a little surprised myself to learn that he wrote the original "Rocky" and took home the little gold man for that achievement. I guess amnesia from the moviegoing public is to be expected after "Rocky V", huh?

But, I am EXTREMELY impressed to hear that he's now getting back into the director's chair to make a film that explores the myriad of stories to be told behind the murders of 2Pac and the Notorious B.I.G. Stallone will play real-life L.A.P.D. Detective Russell Poole and use his character in much the same manner that Oliver Stone used New Orleans D.A. Jim Garrison to tell multiple perspectives of the Kennedy assassination in JFK.

Rumor has it that Sly is even talking to Suge Knight about playing himself in the movie.

What stones. I hope it actually sees the light of day.

No comments: